The foundation supports the following major projects:
- Hasso Plattner Institute for Software Systems Engineering at the University of Potsdam. Hasso Plattner not only provides all necessary funds for the project, but also heads the Enterprise Platform and Integration Concepts research group.
- Hasso Plattner Institute of Design at Stanford University. Researchers from different backgrounds develop user-friendly innovations.
- In South Africa, the foundation supports the University of KwaZulu-Natal, the University of Cape Town and the program Isombululo in the fight against AIDS.
- Moreover, the foundation shouldered all expenses for the 46664 benefit concert in South Africa. All profits were used to support the Nelson Mandela Foundation in its fight against AIDS.
- Participation in the reconstruction of the Potsdam City Palace by financing the historic façade and the copper roof.
- Establishment of the Potsdam Museum Barberini, which from January 2017 on will exhibit Hasso Plattner’s collection of artworks from the former GDR and after 1989 as well as special exhibitions.